The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio–economic scenario of the country. The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose. Needless to say, the NCC also provides an environment conducive to motivating young Indians to join the armed forces.
- 1.To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
- 2.To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- 3.To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
One NCC company of 72 UP Bn NCC is being run efficiently under the supervision of Lt. (Dr.) Deepak Kumar (Chemistry Department) NCC officer's and cadets participated in various programmes, gained achievement and made the college proud of them.
01PL of 03/22 COY UP NCC started in the college during the academic session 2009-10 under the guidance of Lt.Everest Shiwach.50 cadets are enrolled for the three years NCC course .
Events of NCC are as under :
A.By 01PL of 03/22 COY UP NCC:
All cadets attended the Combined Annual Training Camps (CATC) at Bhagat Line MRT with Lt.Everest Shiwach .Cadets won prizes in quiz, kitlay out,poster making competitions during camp. NIC (National Integration Camp ) has been attended by SUO Mahima Sharma and she got the best cadet award of the camp. TSC (Thal Sainik Camp) has been attended by two cadets at Allahabad.
Cadets have participated in various social activities including Cancer and AIDS awareness campaign,blood donation awareness campaign and Pulse Polio campaign organized by college and the unit.Cadets have also made society aware of some social activities like saving water,tree plantation, decreasing the pollution rate and waste management by performing nukkad natika,rally with poster and slogans.World AIDS Day,Voter Day,Human Right Day,Republic Day ,Independence Day and Earth Day are celebrated by cadets at the unit level or the college level.24 cadets have been awarded the C certificate in 2013-14.
B. By 02 PLs of 01/72 COY UP NCC:
- 05-02-2011- Sgt. Hamid Ansari from 72 UP Bn presented special guard to the V.C. on combined national seminar.
- 17-02-2011- 12 cadets donated blood at P.L.Sharma District Hospital,Meerut.
- 01-10-2011- 15 cadets donated blood at P.L.Sharma District Hospital,Meerut.
- 01-12-2012- Worlds AIDS Day , all the cadets participated in the rally.
- 04-12-2012- Red Ribbon Express train did came at Meerut Rly. station. All the cadets participated with enthusiasm.
In Feb. 2013 our college conducted BEE certificate exam . Our 48 cadets were appeared and out of which 46 were passed.
18-07-2013- to 27-07-2013 (CATC-255) was condected at Bhagat Line,Meerut Cantt. Cadet Sumaila Shekh secured ( Best Cadet, Best commander, Best Anchor, First position in Volley ball competition and got second position in Drill commander . Out of total 20 competitions our cadets gets 14 prizes.
CATC-252 ( 02-08-2013 TO 11-08-2013) CONDECTED AT Vidhya Knowledge Park, Meerut. Our 20 cadets were participated in the camp.
On 01-10-2013 Our college unit conducted a blood donation rally started from college to P.L.Sharma District Hospital, Meerut. 10 cadets have donated Blood in P.L.Sharma District Hospital, Meerut.
I.G.C. started from 10-10-2013 to 19-10-2013 at P.T.S, Meerut. Our 10 cadets were participated in this camp and secure first position in Volley ball competition.
CATC-257, Started from 19-10-2013 to 28-10-2013 at Hastinapur, Meerut. Cadet Sumaila Shekh got first position in Kho-Kho , Tug-o-War and Anchor. She again secures second position in Drill competition.
Army Attachment Camp, was condected at Ranikhet (U.K.) from 05-11-2013 to 19-11-2013. Our 5 cadets were participated in the camp.
Basic Leadership Camp-187, conducted at Kanpur Cantt from 15-11-2013 to 24-11-2013. Our 4 cadets participated in the camp, cadet Sumaila Shekh declared best cadet , Extempore and debate.
World Human Right day was organised by the unit on 10-12-203. A rally was started from college and 50 cadets were participated.
NCC day celebrated in the college on 25-11-2013. 42 cadets were participated this celebration.
CATC-260, conducted at Muzaffarnagar. Our 16 cadets were participated in the camp.
CEE certificate exam were conducted in the month of feb.2014 in Meerut. Our 46 cadets were appeared and 41 cadets cleared the exam.
The National Cadet Cadet Corps has its genesis in the University Corps, which was created under the indian Defense Act 1917 with the object of making up the shortage in the Army. In 1920, when the Indian Territorial Act was passed, the University Crops was replaced by the University Training Corps (UTC). In 1942, the University Training Corps (UOTC). with a need to crated a youth organization at the national level, a committee under Pandit HN Kunztu was set up in 1946. Recommendations of this Committee paved the way for the formation of NCC.
The NCC came into existence on 16 Jul 1948 through the NCC Avt xxxI of 1948 under the ministry of Defense with the following aims:-
- To develop character, comradeship ideals of service and capacity for lesadership in the youth of the country,
- To stimulate interest in the defense of the country, by providing service training to youth, and
- To build up a reserve to enable the Armed Forces to expand rapidly in a national emergency.
Motto of NCC is Unity and Discipline.
Induction into the Nationl Cadet Corps is on voluntary basis. A cadet can stay in JD/JW for two years and in SD/SW for three years.
The Corps, which started in a small way with cadet strength of mere 1.67 lakh, has now grown to approximately 13 lakh. While this figure by itself is quite substantial, it covers only 4.01% of the eligible students of our country. The network of 763 NCC Units is spread7,106 schools. The National Cadet Cadet Corps was given an inter service image in 1950 when the Air Wing was added, followed by the Naval wing in 1952. Earlier, in 1949, the Girl's Division had been brought in to give equal opportunity to school and college going girls of the nation. In 1952, the NCC curriculum was extended, to include community development as a part of the NCC syllabus.
There are tow advisory committees, Central Advisory Committee (CAC) and State Advisory Committee (SAC). Both Committee advise the Government of India and State Governments respectively in the matters concerning policy connected with the constitution and administration of the NCC.
The NCC organization is administered though the Ministry of Defense (mod).The Defense Secretary, MOD is the overall in-charge,who is responsible to the Government of India for the efficient functioning of NCC and other matters.
The Director General heads the NCC ,an army officer of the rank of Lieutenant General ,who is responsible for the functioning of the NCC. In the country through the national cadet corps Headquarters (NCC HQ) situated in Delhi .two Assistant Directors General ,one major General from the army and the other a Rear Admiral from the Navy or a Vice Air Marshal from the air Force, assists the DG at the NCC HQ. There are Five Deputy Directors General of which three are Brigadiers : one is a commodore or an Air commodore and one civilian officer.
At the State level.the country has been divided into 17 Directorates covering all states and union territories .these Directness are headed by an officer of the rank of Brigadier or its equivalent from the other two services. Each of the state NCC Directorate Headquarters control two to eleven group Headquarters headed by an officer of the rank of colonel or its equivalent .In all there are 95 Group HQs in the country exercising control Over a network of 657 army wing units (including Technical and girls ’units).
59 Naval Wing Units and 58 Air squadrons. these units are commanded by a Col or Lt Col or their equivalent ranks from the other two services .In addition , the NCC has two establishments viz officers Training School traning (OTS),at Amputee and woman officers Training School (WOTS) , Gwalior where professors and teachers from colleges and schools are specially trained to impart training as Associate NCC officers (ANOs) to the cadets.
- The activities can be broadly divided into six categories :-
- Institutional Training
- Camp Training
- Community development
- Youth Exchange Programmer
- Adventure Training
NCC Day. It is celebrated on the 4th Sunday of the Month of November .after 59 Years of rendering yeoman service to the nation in training the nation’s future leaders , the NCC is Celebrating its 60th anniversary on 23rd November 2008.
Republic Day Camp . The camp is held every year in the month of January from 01jan to 29 Jan at Garrison Parade Ground , Delhi Cantt. during the camp ,the cadets participates in Republic Day Parade and the Prime Minister Rally . They also put up displays highlighting various NCC activities and cultural programmers, brimging a sense of national integration amongst the youth of our country. In addition, they also participate in various Inter Directorate competition . The camp finally Concludes on 28 January with ‘Tea’ with the Prime Minister and later an At Home hosted by the President. NCC cadets also participate in Republic Day celebrations at state Level. Independence Day Camp (IDC) . NCC cadets participate in celebrating Independence Day at state level with pomp and gaiety.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
The NCC was introduced with the vision to provide secular and disciplined citizens for future India With the passage of time ,the NCC personnel achieved historic feats and did exceptional acts ,which needed to be commended at the national level . For the purpose , the following awards were instituted in order to not only provide recognition to NCC personnel but also to motivate others to emulate:-
- Raksha Mantri’s Padak awarded by Raksha Mantri.
- Raksha Mantri’s Prashansa patra awareded by Raksha Mantri.
- Raksha Sachivi's Prashansa patra awareded by Defence Secretary.
- Mahanideshak’s Prashansa patra awareded by Director General NCC .
The following categories of NCC Personnel are eligible for these awards:-
- NCC Whole Time Lady Officers
- Associates NCC Officers(ANOs)
- Under officers Instructors and Sergeant Major Instructor.
- NCC cadets (both boys and girls) .
These awards are given to individuals who perform exceptional acts involving courage ,devotion to duty.any contribution of lasting value to the organization and which bring glory and fame to NCC. The highest award is Raksha Mantri’s Padak only one Raksha Mantri’s Padakand one prashansa patra is awarded per year .The awards are announced of The NCC day. Which falls on the last Sunday of the month of November every year and are given by the honorable Raksha mantra during his visit to the Republic Day NCC Camp.
INCENTIVES GIVEN BY THE GOVERMENT OF UP TO NCC CADETS
Preference :NCC Cadets are given preference in recruitment in State government Services .
Bonus Marks : Awarded for admission in Graduate , Law and B.ED courses
Reservation : 1% Horizontal Reservation in medical colleges for NCC ‘c’ Certificate holder with minimum ‘B’ grading. 1% reservation in all educational institutions for NCC Certificates holders.
|Type of medal/incentive||Div/Wing||Nos||Cash Incentive|
|Govetnor’s gold Medals||Best cdts||6||Rs.3000/- each|
|Govetnor’s silver Medals||2nd Best cdts||6||Rs.2000/- each|
|Chief Minister’s gold Medal||Best cdts||6||Rs.3000/- each|
|Chief Minister’s silver Medal||2nd Best cdts||6||Rs.2000/- each|
INCENTIVES GIVIN BY PUBLIC & PRIVATE SECTORS
- The Jet Air Corporation Ltd. : Due weightage will be given for employment whe never any NCCC Cadet appears for the interview.
- Indian: Already giving preference to NCC ‘B’ & ‘C’ Certificate holders for appointment in security section.
- Hindustan shipyard Ltd: For direct recruitment in group ‘C&D’ Posts , weightage in terms of marks is being given for extra-curricular activities , which includes NCC for NCC for Staff Posts .
- Coal India Ltd: Weightage for NCC Certificates is given for JD (2 marks ) and SD (4 marks)at the time of selection of candidates
- National Hydroelectric Power: Due weightage will be given to qualified candidates who are NCC ‘B’ & ‘C’ certificates holders while filling up appropriate posts through direct recruitment
- Pawan Hans Ltd: NCC candidates who have passed ‘B’ & ‘C’ Certificates of NCC will be given Preference.
- The National small Industries Crop.Ltd: For fire Fighting Operator in Group ‘C’ & ‘C’ Certificates has been prescribed as describe qualification . moreover at the time of interview for other group ‘C’ posts ,candidates possessing NCC Certificates are given due weightage under the category of extra curricular activities
- National Building Const. corporation Ltd: Persons having NCC Certificates are given due weightage.
- The National Small Industries Corp. Ltd: NCC ‘B’ &’C’ certificates holders are preferred for recruitment to group ‘B’& ‘C’ posts.
- Sahara India : Many appointments are made based wholly on NCC Certificates as qualifications.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
|64 VACANCIES RESERVED||6 VACANCIES PER||10% OF VACANCIES .|
|IN IMA,DEHRADUN||COURSE||RESERVED FOR ALL|
|100 VACANCIES IN OFFICERS||NO UPSE EXAM||COURSES INCLUDING|
|TRANING ACADEMY (OTA),||ONLY SSB||FLYING TRANING|
|CHENNAI FOR SSC NON TECHNICAL||COURSES ,NO UPSC|
|NO UPSC EXAM. ONLY SSB.||EXAM ONLY SSB|
- A GRADUATE WITH MIN 50% MARKS AND HOLDING NCC ‘C’ CERTIFICATE IN ‘B’ GRADE IS EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING IN THE UPSC FOR SHORT SERVICE COMISSION IN OTAAT CHENNAI
- 20% RESERVATION FOR GIRL CADETS WITH NCC CERTIFICATE ARE EQUIRED TO SECURE 50%MARKS IN GRADUTION IN ORDER TO BE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WOMEN SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME FOR THE ARMED FORCES AS AGAINST 60% FOR OTHER CANDIDATES .
- 5-10 PERCENT BONUS MARKS ARE AWARDED TO NCC ‘C’ CERTIFICATE HOLDERS FOR RECRUITMENT IN BSF,CRPF,COAST GUARDS,ITBP,ETC.
- GENERAL ORDER ISSUED BY STATE GOVERNMENT FOR GIVING PREFERENCE TO NCC CADETS IN MATTERS OF RECRUITMENT IN STATE GOVERNMENT AND EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION .
- SOME INDUSTRIES GIVE PERFERENCE TO NCC CERTIFICATE HOLDERS FOR VARIOUS JOBS .
- BONUS MARKS ARE AWARDED TO NCC ‘C’ CERTIFICATE FOR RECRUITMENT IS DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATION